Re: [FH] Is there really any effective treatment for HCM... ?

  • savionna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hi Jim,

      In a message dated 11/28/04 9:58:32 PM, guydabord@... writes:

      << My question: is there really any effective treatment,
      or is it really just a matter of luck? >>

      What do you mean by "effective treatment"?

      In conventional medicine, there are synthetic medications that are generally
      effective at controlling certain symptoms.

      In complementary medicine (which includes the various healing disciplines
      that fall outside of what we consider "conventional" medicine in the US), there
      are a number of possible treatments that can be effective in supporting the
      entire body, which can then lessen the strain on the heart, which can then aid in
      the heart healing to the extent possible and working as efficiently as
      possible.

      << but nothing I've heard from him or
      read so far convinces me that there's much I can do to
      make a difference. >>

      I'm not sure what you mean by "make a difference." In conventional medicine,
      the only diff. you can make is to address symptoms. In complementary medicine,
      it's possible to make a diff. in the overall health of the body and the
      heart. // Rosemary