Re: sudden death

  • Janie and Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      Im very sorry for your loss and so fast. It makes you ill. I had m 18
      pound boy Mr T die that way at the vet. He was 5. 9 months later his
      sister threw a clot and died. His other brother has been on meds since
      1999 and he is 10 now. His other sister died of a related lung problem.
      We have the Mom who has just developed a leaky valve but is healthy. I
      think the Dad had it as they all lived out in the back of our store, We
      took the babies home and Mother and the Dad had died no doubt from
      this. Its hereditary or viral or idiopathic. It cant be always found.
      Its like the basketball players fall over dead for no reason. This is
      it. It cant be cured but it can be controlled. I myself have dialated
      cardiomyopathy so I do know the human version. Most cats have the other
      type. Beta blockers are reversing my damage and ace inhibitors. I dont
      know why the cats dont get beta blockers.Anyway there prob wasnt
      anything you could of done. We dont ultra sound everyone unless there
      is a reason or precaution. My Sockster has no signs and we did his
      after his 2 sibblings died and he had it. It saved him so far. Just be
      glad he did not suffer and you did not have to endure so much pain but
      the awful pain of him gone. Please get another Kitty as soon as your up
      to it. Janie