new to the group/info needed

  • amru
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      Hi there,
      My girl's name is China she is 17 and was just diagnosed with having high
      blood pressure. I was told to join this gorup aswell as the hp group and
      others.
      She has had a history of kidney insufficiencies, high
      calcium, parathyroid removal. As you can tell my girl has been challenged.
      Just recently, her legs started weakening, this past week her eyes have
      become dilated, her howling has been there for 16 plus years but more so
      now. I had to bring her in last night her blood pressure was 220. My vet
      gave her Norvasc right away and half a baby aspirin. I'm sure her retinas
      have detached. Now I know why she has had weakening in her hind legs. I feel
      awful that I didn't think of blood pressure problems. She has had speckles
      of blood around her nose area in the past but I blamed it on her jumping
      places. God, how long has she had it.
      I've been reading through the files and I read that detached retinas and
      loss of sight can get better. What a relief!
      Any info is greatly appreciated. thank you
      MJ & sweet angels, Thena,Cybil,Cookie&Chloe

      How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.
      "Robert A. Heinlein"

      http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Athen002/resident.HTM

      http://www.partingwishes.com/memorials/loveyouforevermum