Re: [FH] Pulmonary Edema (correction)

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      In a message dated 11/2/2004 11:53:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      jexnicious@... writes:

      > > oops.....I left out the word "Ears" on administering
      > > heart meds by rubbing the meds onto her ears. Just
      > > curious if anyone knows how succesful this is? The
      > > vet suggested this due to our cat so hard to pill
      > > and would not lick the flavored gel.

      Well, it's not as effective in terms of delivering a full dosage (because of
      meds being left of glove, etc) as other methods ... but I think that if a cat
      is impossible to pill, better gel on the ear than a twice-daily stressor on an
      already weak heart.

      My cat gets a liquid suspension. He is moderately difficult to pill, and
      while I can't say he's fond of the liquid suspension either, it takes a few
      seconds and it's done. I think if your kitty just can't be pilled and won't lick
      the meds, then this is a good alternative.

      Lisa