My kitten Coco

  • Cindy B
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      I have a purebred ragdoll Kitten named Coco, hes a beautiful
      sealpoint mitted kitten and he is very sick..
      To look at him he looks fine, he has shiny blue eyes and he eats well
      and plays like a normal kitten but yesterday at the veterinarians
      office for a checkup, she heard a heart murmer and galloping heart
      beat. He had a Echocardiogram and at 3 1/2 months of age he has HCM
      he also has a leaking heart valve :(( It doesnt seem fair that such a
      young sweet little boy would get this, the vet said its congenital.
      the Breeder claims his cats are free of that gene yet the vet told me
      it came thru the gene pool.. Im heartbroken that he may not live to
      be an adult cat he has so much life in him now. I have been told
      there is nothing they can do for this condition, no surgery ect and
      that pills dont really do much for this condition
      regards

      Cindy
    • brinkett
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        > I have been told
        > there is nothing they can do for this condition, no surgery ect
        and
        > that pills dont really do much for this condition
        > regards

        I'm sorry to hear about your kitten. You should consider taking
        Coco to a cardiologist.

        Sarah.