Re: Current/Past Studies - Morris Animal Foundation

  • tygergirl55
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      -- Thank you for those links on recent studies of feline heart
      disease. Think that there are quite a few here who would be
      interested. This is such a complicated illness. Have learned so much
      from the knowledge and generosity of this group.
      My Trina is extremely difficult to medicate, even liquid meds. When I
      mentioned transdermals (gel gets rubbed inside ear flap with glove)
      to vet, he did not recommend it (similar to this study). He questions
      how much of the med actually gets absorbed. Plus the dosage given is
      hard to measure since some of gel stays on glove. Its also more
      expensive than the other compounds, which may be worth it, if it was
      known to be effective. Something to consider before trying, (altho am
      sure many here already know this) if looking for less stressful
      alternatives (like me).
      lynda, trina and markie