Current/Past Studies - Morris Animal Foundation

  • monalissa1978
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hi All,

      I don't know if anyone follows this sort of stuff, but I was checking
      this site for a CRF-Related study that was in progress and came
      across some heart related studies.

      Link to current study:

      http://tinyurl.com/6a76d

      Link to completed study:

      http://tinyurl.com/4ukmu

      Lisa & The Boys
    • tygergirl55
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
        -- Thank you for those links on recent studies of feline heart
        disease. Think that there are quite a few here who would be
        interested. This is such a complicated illness. Have learned so much
        from the knowledge and generosity of this group.
        My Trina is extremely difficult to medicate, even liquid meds. When I
        mentioned transdermals (gel gets rubbed inside ear flap with glove)
        to vet, he did not recommend it (similar to this study). He questions
        how much of the med actually gets absorbed. Plus the dosage given is
        hard to measure since some of gel stays on glove. Its also more
        expensive than the other compounds, which may be worth it, if it was
        known to be effective. Something to consider before trying, (altho am
        sure many here already know this) if looking for less stressful
        alternatives (like me).
        lynda, trina and markie