Re: [FH] Re: HCM cure research??

  • lclarizia@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2004
      In a message dated 10/27/2004 11:18:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      mottola@... writes:

      > If I can speak for Lisa, I think she had an "ah-hah" moment last
      > night. She stopped by to pick up my oxygen cage for Baby Boy. I
      > gave her some Rescue Remedy to spray in the tube so that it would
      > infuse throughout the cage. My hope was that it would balance his
      > emotions, so his body to best utilize the lasix to remove his
      > fluid. My secondary hope would that it would relax him enough to
      > give his body a chance to heal since he's been through alot in the
      > last few days. Lisa's comment, "The rescue kitty stuff really
      > works, he just sat there for a while, then laid down ... I was
      > surprised." We had no time to transition him to the O2 cage. The
      > confinement coupled with the noise of the O2 concentrator would send
      > most cats over the edge. If you look at Rescue Remedy
      > scientifically, there is no way it should work. The flowers are so
      > diluted that all that is left is distilled water and this crazy
      > theory of the energy that the flowers have. But something calmed
      > Baby Boy down and made him accepting of his situation.

      He accepted it fine ... and many, many thanks to Deena for generously lending
      this to me, it has made a big difference in terms of his comfort. If anyone
      else in interested, there are O2 concentrators up for bid on eBay -- the two I
      saw just said "You can only buy these for non-medical use such as for use in
      fish tanks or jewelry making" which is just a way of protecting themselves
      since they have to be prescribed for medical use.

      Anyway, no chest tap and no vet today for Baby Boy -- we stayed home. His
      breathing isn't as good as it was pre-crisis, but he is breathing much easier.
      He's drinking on his own, I got some unflavored pedialyte and diluted it in
      his water bowl(s) which he took just fine. He's eaten a little on his own, but
      is not especially interested in food right now, which is understandable. He's
      been in and out of the O2 cage all day, but right now is showing preference
      for "his" bed in my room, so I'm letting him hang out there for now. Mainly,
      he's weak and tired so I'm just keeping him quiet and undisturbed. He is alert
      and responsive, and has been purring -- he has two distinct purring patterns:
      "Normal and Happy" and "I'm really stressed" -- and he's been purring the
      former. Hard to say what's happening -- but for now he's comfortable, and that's
      what matters.

      Lisa