Reverse sneezing

  • fraay11
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2004
      I haven't seen Jerry cough or wheeze at all.. his strange breathing
      he does when he is out of breath was best described by his vet as a
      reverse sneeze (usually about 5 breaths in and out really fast, with
      a sort of "wet" sound).. she said although it's really common in
      dogs, she hadn't heard of a cat doing it before.

      Most of the time he does it is when he's being active, he goes into
      his breathing fit and then lays down to rest. Occasionally he does it
      when he's already resting..

      His doctor figures it's due to HCM.. but I can't find a single
      reference to reverse sneezes and HCM kitties.. only the very rare
      reference to allergies or respitory infections.

      Does anyone elses HCM kitty do this?