Re: Chest Tap from hell

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2004
      Lisa,

      >I took him back to the vet's this AM because I didn't want to leave
      him alone and he definitely needs to be watched

      I did this with Morag occasionally. If I woke up in the morning and
      she looked borderline or a little on the "wrong side" of the border,
      I'd drop her at the vet before going to work rather than leaving her
      unattended all day.

      > But honestly, given what I know I can't see what he might have
      done wrong here.

      He might not have done anything wrong. As has been posted recently,
      there is no cure for HCM/RCM. Once a cat is in CHF, things can be
      up and down and if it's refactory CHF, it can be difficult to find
      the right combination of meds, sometimes impossible. Competent
      cardiologists and vets lose cats to heart disease and struggle to
      manage some cases. If you're satisfied that your vet and
      cardiologist are providing the best treatment for your cat, then by
      all means stay with them.

      My cat had refactory CHF from the time she was diagnosed up until
      the time she died. Feel free to email me if you have any specific
      questions about how her case progressed. Note that she had RCM, not
      HCM, but CHF is pretty much the same animal in both types.

      Sarah.