Re: [FH] Digest Number 1666

  • CALYPSO1083@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2004
      In a message dated 10/7/2004 12:18:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      feline-heart@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Does anyone else have their HCM kitty on enalipril and
      lasix, and if so, when does their appetite return after starting
      meds?
      I followed Sam around for over a week with warmed baby food (found out his
      favorite was beef and ham), home made chicken broth (no salt) and beef broth,
      Catmilk Plus, Cat-Sip, Lactaid (people milk), tuna, jack mackerel, roast
      chicken, even 'junk' cat food. Cardiologist said he didn't care what he ate; forego
      the premium cat food; just keep him eating. He only ate a couple of bites and
      had to be scratched either between the shoulder blades or at the base of his
      tail. I couldn't syringe the food into him because he could not be stressed;
      instead I was the one who was stressed!!

      With Sam, we wound up doing an ultrasound and discovered quite a bit of
      fluid. After having 100cc's removed, Sam came home and has been eating with a
      vengeance ever since. At his last vet visit he was trying to cruch on his cat
      treats while the vet was trying to listen to his heart. Sam also has asthma and
      HyperT. he takes his meds and supplements with baby food and then gets a his
      regular food. He has water and dry available at all times and whenever I'm around
      he gets moist, home cooked, milk, broth and whatever else is handy.

      Alla and Samson