MUSH IS HOME ONCE AGAIN!!!

  • wos314
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
      Ok....I'm going to try to recap the past week or two. When I
      originally brought Mush home a few weeks ago he wouldn't eat for me
      and after two days I brought him back to the vet. The vet did some
      blood tests and said his kidney levels were too high and that he
      wanted to stop the lasix and start him on an IV (which I would have
      to give him at home every day). After 5 days of being there I
      brought him home last Thursday...the second I took him out of the
      carrier he went into heart failure again and I immediately rushed
      him back to the vet's office. Which leads me up to today...I picked
      Mush up about an hour ago. I put him down when we walked in the
      door and he immediately went running for the scratching post. He
      then ran after his sisters and started playing....PLAYING!!!!!! When
      he was done saying his "hellos" he jumped into the window on his
      own. I cant believe it. After a few minutes I tried to see if he
      would eat and he ran right to the food bowl when I filled it....HE
      ATE ON HIS OWN!! He is acting like he was never sick in the first
      place. I am so unbelievably happy!!! The vet is hoping that if we
      treat his heart hard enough (Atenolol and Lasix twice a day) and
      give him the IV every other day then there is a possibility that his
      heart will help his kidneys to reverse themselves and they will
      start working properly again. I just pray that this is not some
      kind of fluke and that he truly is better and will continue doing as
      well as he is right now.
    • turkishangoraathumanesociety
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
        It's 6:30 am and I am on my way to classes for the day, but I just
        wanted to say THANK GOD....I knew Mushie was a fighter! Have faith &
        remember all the crazy stuff Lillie went through (and got through).
        Give Mush a huge hug for all of us!