Re: [FH] HCM and asthma

  • mainecoonsusa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi Reija,

      My cat has asthma as well as HCM. Am treating his asthma with inhaled meds. I would suggest you check out this web page: www.fritzthebrave.com

      My vet was against using inhaled meds at first, but now that he sees how well Connor is doing on it, he has recommended it for other cats in his practice that have asthma.

      One word of caution... be careful if they prescribe prednisone. That is the drug that caused my cat to go into congestive heart failure. He was doing well only on atenolol before that time. Now see what he has to take to keep him regulated.

      JoAnn

      --
      JoAnn & Connor

      1/2 of 30 mg Diltiazem 2x a day