Re: Please ... We Need Your Prays and Positive Thoughts

  • turkishangoraathumanesociety
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2004
      I hope Ivory will be okay... My Lillie, also a white Turkish Angora,
      (first photo album on "photos" link to the left side of board) had
      heart failure just over a year ago. If you look at my post from
      August 14th you will see her story, and how hopeless everyone thought
      it was. She recovered miraculously, but recently we had some REALLY
      BAD bloodwork come back after getting it checked, as she was drinking
      water & peeing excessively. She has had issues with her kidney
      values periodically, and this time, it came back with an indication
      that seemed SURE to be cancer/leukemia. She lost weight and was so
      sick. They were going to do a biopsy, but she was highly unstable
      under anesthesia, so they couldn't. Guess what? At the repeat
      bloodwork 3 weeks later...all back to normal! Weird thing is, I had
      JUST read a book by this Cornell vet that talked about a "healing
      crisis". He said that many cats who have had big illnesses (such as
      heart failure, etc) and recover...only to later take a horrible turn
      for the worse, and seem obviously about to die...Only to suddenly be
      well again. He said that once they were strong enough after the
      INITIAL illness/recovery, their bodies were then able to FULLY fight
      underlying disease (the healing crisis)...and it is such a hard fight
      that they seem more ill than ever...but then recover. I probably
      didn't explain it right at all, but you get the idea. I hope this is
      the case with Ivory.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Jcatj50@A... wrote:
      > Hello Everyone
      >
      > I'm sending this out to ask you all for your prays and positive
      thoughts for
      > my baby Ivory.
      > As some of you may recall Ivory is a little over 17 years old a
      beautiful
      > mixed white Turkish Angora.
      > A little over a year ago she was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney
      Failure.