Please ... We Need Your Prays and Positive Thoughts

  • Jcatj50@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2004
      Hello Everyone

      I'm sending this out to ask you all for your prays and positive thoughts for
      my baby Ivory.
      As some of you may recall Ivory is a little over 17 years old a beautiful
      mixed white Turkish Angora.
      A little over a year ago she was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Failure. It
      was an up and down battle and we finally had a handle on it … all her number
      were in the normal range.
      On Aug. 16th she developed breathing problems and had to have fluids removed
      from her chest. Over the next few days I found out that she had Hypertrophic
      Cardiomyopathy with congestive heart failure and several growths on her lungs.
      We started treating the heart problem and decided to hold off on doing
      anything with the growths until the heart was under control.
      Battling kidney and heart problems (as some of you my know) it not very easy …
      but can be done.
      Unfortunately I'm not sure if we are going to have the time to do this. Over
      the past few weeks Ivory's breathing has become worse. It is now to a point
      that I cannot allow this to go now for to much longer.

      Her breathing problems could possibly be related to …..
      Not having the right balance of the kidney/heart problems
      The heart disease my have progressed
      The growths in the lungs may have progressed
      There may be an infection
      The heart medication may not be working any longer

      I am now clinging to some very small strings …..
      We have sent a urine sample in to check for bacteria … this will take a few
      days to grow and should be back on the 27th .
      She is on a general (catch all type) antibiotic which will be completed on
      the 28th .
      We changed her heart medication on the 22nd in the hopes it will help. The
      doctor said to allow a few days to see if there is any change.

      I am dying inside …. Because I know she must be in some kind of pain …. But
      I can't take her life if this can possibly be corrected. I hope that will
      forgive me for waiting until we know that there is no hope for helping her.

      I have set up an appointment to help Ivory pass on the 29th unless something
      changes for the better.

      Please open your hearts and send her love
      Please pray that I am sent some kind of sign … if I am not to help her pass
      on the 29th

      If anyone should have any advise ….. Please e-mail me as soon as possible.

      To all you kind and loving souls
      Thank you so much for all the help and kindness that you have given to us
      over the last year
      Jodean and my beautiful baby girl Ivory

    • turkishangoraathumanesociety
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2004
        I hope Ivory will be okay... My Lillie, also a white Turkish Angora,
        (first photo album on "photos" link to the left side of board) had
        heart failure just over a year ago. If you look at my post from
        August 14th you will see her story, and how hopeless everyone thought
        it was. She recovered miraculously, but recently we had some REALLY
        BAD bloodwork come back after getting it checked, as she was drinking
        water & peeing excessively. She has had issues with her kidney
        values periodically, and this time, it came back with an indication
        that seemed SURE to be cancer/leukemia. She lost weight and was so
        sick. They were going to do a biopsy, but she was highly unstable
        under anesthesia, so they couldn't. Guess what? At the repeat
        bloodwork 3 weeks later...all back to normal! Weird thing is, I had
        JUST read a book by this Cornell vet that talked about a "healing
        crisis". He said that many cats who have had big illnesses (such as
        heart failure, etc) and recover...only to later take a horrible turn
        for the worse, and seem obviously about to die...Only to suddenly be
        well again. He said that once they were strong enough after the
        INITIAL illness/recovery, their bodies were then able to FULLY fight
        underlying disease (the healing crisis)...and it is such a hard fight
        that they seem more ill than ever...but then recover. I probably
        didn't explain it right at all, but you get the idea. I hope this is
        the case with Ivory.