Sasquatch update - and sweet story.

  • fancidots
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2004
      Sasquatch has been off his meds for almost a week, now. Every day,
      he seems to perk up, and interact with the household more. He still
      has his "allergic sneeze" which is annoying to him, and worrisome to
      me... but I have to tell you this story.

      I think I had told the group that I got two new kittens on Aug 7th.
      I was warned this might NOT be the best thing for Sasquatch - but I
      believe he is enjoying watching the new "babies"

      I have 9 indoor cats, total - ranging from Sasquatch who is oldest
      to the new babies who are 13 weeks old, now.

      Last night, I was on the computer downloading some new photos of my
      bengal babies, for other "bengal" friends -- and I KNEW Sasquatch
      was laying on the bed, behind me. All of a sudden, I heard him in
      full ATTACK mode - growling and grumbling - I turned around in a
      flash, and saw Hatter, my 16 month old rescue, running in the
      opposite direction. I walked over to pet Sasquatch, who had STAYED
      on the bed - managing to chase Hatter away - and there about 1 foot
      from him, were the two bengal babies, cuddled together and looking
      sleepy. I realized that Sasquatch had been "guarding" the babies,
      while they napped. (smile)

      I know a lot of "older cats" particularly sick ones, do NOT like
      the "intrusion" of "babies" in their domain - but it seems that now
      that he is OFF the medications, he has assumed the role
      of "babysitter" for the new "children". This makes 7 babies, in
      all, over the past 9 years, that he has "helped me to raise" and I
      think the combination of removing his meds, which just kept him so
      sedated he wasn't "interacting with anyone" or eating, and the "new
      babies" to watch -- he has new "purpose" -- no matter where they
      are "playing" he likes to be in the room, a little "above" their
      playground - making sure none of the other "fur family" gets too
      rough with the little ones.

      Thanks for allowing me to share :)

      LaVon Fabian
      "fancidots"