Newly diagnosed cat

  • chienlover2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      My 17 month old cat, Hobie, was diagnosed with HCM this week. He has
      no outward signs but when he went in for his yearly shots, the vet
      heard a heart murmur and a rapid heart rate. Ultrasound this week
      confirmed the diagnosis. My feline vet of many years passed away a
      few months ago and now I am seeing a good vet but it is not the
      same. Right now I am very confused about how to proceed - with
      holistic medications or prescription medications. I was told his
      condition is moderate to severe. Any advise or suggestions would be
      greatly appreciated regarding medication, diet, etc.