Re: Weight Loss?

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2004
      > I'm thinking it may be due to the Lasix and water loss ... did any
      of you see
      > this in your cats?

      It could be that, also your vet might want to check his kidney
      values. If he's eating well but losing weight, he might be losing
      protein through the kidneys.

      Sarah.
    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 6, 2004
        My cat, Nigel, did loose water weight (about 1/2 pound) when he
        started on the Lasix. Though at his last check up, he had gained
        about 1/4 pound. I did change his diet (after I found out he had
        HCM), by giving him wet food on a regular basis (to put more
        moisture in his diet, give him what he likes best, and try to
        achieve a healthier diet).

        With the weather being so hot in the Bay Area, he isn't eating as
        much. Is the normal?

        SAB (Sarah)

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...>