RE: [FH] Sasquatch - begging for treats and bossing other cats around!

  • Davidson, Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      LaVon

      I did that with my cat Scotty. We went to the vet in early December for a
      checkup and he had some type of attack. He was diagnosed with RCM and the
      vet told me we would be counting his days in months not years. Initially it
      looked like we would be counting in days not months. He wouldn't eat, he
      would just lay around, he didn't clean himself. In short he just wasn't
      Scotty. I decided to take him off everything that I would rather have
      "Scotty" for a couple of weeks then this cat for several months. By
      Christmas he had improved significantly and after the first of the year I
      started the meds up and he improved even more. Every time we go back for a
      checkup the vet says he is looking better. He takes a downturn every time
      he gets fleas but I have started doing the monthly treatments and we are
      managing to keep ahead of them. In the back of my mind I know that he has
      lived a long full life but I have had him for 19 years and will be lost when
      I lose him.

      Keep in mind I am not a vet and I certainly don't play one on tv but this
      has been my experience.

      Good luck.

      Becky
      scotty 19, part maine coon. 1/2 enalapril (not sure level) 1xday, 1 lasix
      12.5mg 1xday