Re: [FH] Diabetes + Heart Disease

  • savionna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi Gabriella,

      In a message dated 8/30/04 2:05:52 AM, poczo@... writes:

      << While trying to regulate him

      during the past weeks >>

      How are you trying to regulate him? Are you hometesting? What insulin (U, L,
      N, or PZI) are you using and what dose?

      << his sugar jumped >>

      Blood glucose rises and falls in response to the insulin activity, which is
      affected by diet, activity, and other factors. What did the BG jump to...and
      how many hours was it after injection? The goal for insulin management is to
      maintain the BG between 300-100 mg/dL.

      << My question is what can I expect going forward. >>

      It's impossible to predict the future. All caregivers can do is inform
      themselves as best possible and use the best tools available...incl hometesting...to
      provide the highest quality life for whatever time is possible. // Rosemary