semi-update on Purcy

  • mairnealaigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      Well, Purcy's cardiologist can't see him until the end of Sept.
      Purcy is thrilled, of course, but I'm nervous about not knowing how
      he's doing for so long. This was supposed to be a 6-month ultrasound
      check, but now it'll be a 7 month check.

      He looks like he's doing fine, but his breathing gets labored if I
      give in to his demands and let him go outside (only when I'm around
      to check on him), so he really doesn't go outside much. He did this
      last summer, too, so I think it's just the bad air quality that
      bothers him.

      Just wanted to share what's going on with Purcy, and so you don't
      think that we dropped off the face of the earth :) Please keep him
      in your prayers for me. I hope that your furbabies are doing all
      right, and I'm praying that Sasquatch gets better.

      Heather & Purcy in Mass.

      =====
      Purcy: Male Himalayan, diagnosed 07-2003 at 6 years of age with HCM
      with severe mitral valve regurgitation and mild left atrial
      enlargement, slight pericardial effusion: grade 3 murmur Left apical
      & grade 2 Right sided systolic murmur, Enalapril Maleate 1.25 mg 1x
      day, Furosemide (Lasix) 6.25 mg 2x day, 1 aspirin 81 mg every three
      days administered via pilling.