Re: Back from the vet, better than expected news!

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2004
      > But, since it was
      > caught so early, there's a better chance that it can be well-
      managed
      > and hopefully we can slow the progression.

      Lisa,

      Good news about your boy. Note that if the progression has any
      chance of being slowed, he'll need to be on more than lasix and
      aspirin so I'll be very surprised if the cardiologist doesn't put
      him on a heart medication.

      Also note that you can't really tell if a cat is out of congestive
      heart failure until the lasix is stopped completely. It doesn't
      matter how fast the fluid has resolved on lasix. What matters is
      whether fluid will develop again when the lasix is stopped. If your
      boy has to stay on lasix to keep the fluid away, then he is in CHF.

      Keep us posted.

      Sarah.