Results of Nigel's chest x-ray

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Yay! His chest x-ray showed that his lungs are clear and that his
      enlarged heart is smaller. I couldn't be more pleased. It seems
      that the diltiazem is working. He has been on it, and lasix, for
      one month.

      Also, he is not as stressed out from this trip. At the hosptial,
      Nigel and I stayed in the car in the parking lot, instead of staying
      in the waiting room. It was quieter there. The cardiologist's vet
      tech came out there and got us. They also prepared the x-ray room
      ahead of time, so Nigel would be in there for the shortest duration.

      Usually, I let him roam freely in the car as we drive to the
      hospital. I think it makes him more anxious as he can see all the
      fast cars and other stimuli. This time I kept him in his carrier.

      He is home now and seems much less stressed out than his last trip.
      In about 3 months he goes back for his follow-up ultrasound.
      Depending on what the cardiologist sees, we may be able to lower his
      dose of lasix.

      Thank you all for your kind words and generous advice,

      SAB (Sarah)