Nigel's chest x-ray

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hi :)

      At 5 PM today, I take Nigel in to the cardiologist for a follow-up
      chest x-ray. He was in CHF 6 weeks ago, and is now stabilized on
      diltiazem and lasix. He cannot take a beta-blocker as he has
      asthma.

      I am anxious, because it stresses him out to go to the
      cardiologist. Last time, once he got home he started breathing
      rapidly (60 to 64 bpm). The ER vet said I could bring him in, but
      that it might stress him MORE. So, I stayed up all night and by
      6:35 AM, he was down to 32 bpm (normal resting for him).

      I am hoping his lungs are clear, and that he doesn't get too
      stressed out from the vet trip.

      Wish me luck!

      SAB (Sarah)