Re: [FH] We can't find the right vet!

  • diane
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2004
      Peterson is the traveling cardiologist we use, but probably too far
      away for Jess.

      My own vet is not in there which is why I don't consider those lists
      100% accurate.

      Diane

      At 2:19 PM -0700 8/3/04, Susan wrote:
      >Jess,
      >
      >I just went to http://acvim.org and looked first for
      >cardiologists in CT. I did not find any but I found
      >several small animal internists:
      >
      >Peterson, Erik Nels Granby, CT
      >Carter, Wayne O Groton, CT
      >Holzworth, Jean New Preston, CT
      >Berkwitt, Larry Norwalk, CT
      >Wood, Emilia F. Ridgefield, CT
      >Knaack, Kenneth E. W. Hartford, CT
      >Toomey, Jane Marie Woodstock, CT
      >
      >Internists are qualified to treat HCM and do have
      >ultrasound equipment. Rudy's vet is an internist
      >rather than a cardiologist. Hope this helps.

      Susan
    • betty_boop_ct
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
        Hi Jess,

        I know how difficult and stressful this can be. I have lived in
        Danbury for the past 6 years. I use Bethel Village Square Animal
        Hospital for routine care and Dr. Roumanis--vet cardiologist at the
        Berkshire Animal Hospital in Sandy Hook (15 minutes rom Danbury)for
        Smokey's subaortic stenosis care.

        I sent you a private message with more information.

        Please let me know how I can help you...

        Lisa