Re: [FH] blood work questions!

  • savionna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi Tori,

      In a message dated 7/31/04 1:33:39 PM, tw@... writes:

      << Is there a chart or does someone know where I can find what a
      "normal" bloodwork panel should look like and what to look for when some of
      the values are skewed? >>

      Some sites with information on blood panels for cats are here:

      1. www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/lab.htm
      2. web.vet.cornell.edu/public/popmed/clinpath/cpmodules/chem/chempanl.htm
      3. http://cathelp-online.com/glossary2.html
      4. http://home.gci.net/~divs/disease/lab_tests.html

      << I want to be able to question some
      things if jcee's bloodwork comes back different from what is considered
      normal. >>

      Good for you!!!! The more informed we are as caregivers, the better for the
      cats.

      << I'm concerned about the effect
      these meds might be having on his kidneys. >>

      The primary kidney indicators are BUN + creatinine, but phosphorus,
      potassium, sodium, and HCT/PCV are also useful, as is urine specific gravity.

      << I don't have the
      values with me but expect them on Monday >>

      It's useful to keep copies of all testing...not only so that you can keep
      informed but also to have a record in case of emergency. // Rosemary