Re: [FH] Elwood

  • Tia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hi Amanda, our Ozzie was 1.5 when he had heart failure and kidney failure at
      the same time. That was our first noticeable symptom that he has HCM.
      Several vets advised putting to sleep and gave us a 30 to 60 day prognosis
      also. That was just shy of two and a half YEARS ago! Yeah Oz!!!

      He's on lasix every 4 days, enalapril and atenolol daily and a baby aspirin
      twice a week. So there is surely hope. Glad to hear that Elwood is
      responding to the meds. :)

      Have you had an echocardiogram done? That was invaluable in discovering how
      bad the HCM was and then using that info to decide what meds to give. Then
      when we had the repeat echo (nine months later), they said that his heart
      had actually shrunk. I can't tell you how high on a cloud we were that day!

      Tia (and Oz)