Re: [FH] Digest Number 1602

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
      I haven't posted in here in quite some time. I lost my 18 year old to
      HCM 8 weeks ago today. When he was initially diagnosed he was given a
      progonis of a few days to live. They actually didn't think he would
      make it through the night and I prepared to bring him home to die. He
      lived 2 more wonderful, happy years. So don't let diagnosis rule you.
      It may not be true or it may be. There is hope and you are doing the
      right thing by coming to this group and learning what you can. This
      group turned me onto Coq10 and I am sure someone on this list will do a
      better job of telling you what it is. Its a coenzyme used in humans with
      heart conditions and now some are using it with pets. My vet didn't use
      it prior to me but I am a believer that it helps. I also had my cat on
      taurine suppliments which I got from a vitamin store along with the
      coq10. I wish you luck with your sweet guy. Its a rollercoaster ahead
      of you but once you learn what you need to and they find the right
      combination of meds it can even out and your cat can live a great
      quality of life as mine did. I hope that for you. Take care.

      Heather "Rose"