itchiness a side effect of meds?

  • Heather Grace
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2004
      Hi Heather & everyone,

      When my HCM kitty, Purcy, was first put on meds (Enalapril, Lasix, &
      aspirin) he seemed to be itchy all over for a few weeks. He's never
      been on Diltiazem, though. But I wonder if the itchiness was a side
      effect. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else's cats were
      itchy or over-grooming themselves at the beginning of their
      medication treatment.

      Good luck with Felix, and I wish him well too!

      (another) Heather

      =====
      Purcy: Male Himalayan, diagnosed 07-2003 at 6 years of age with HCM
      with severe mitral valve regurgitation and mild left atrial
      enlargement, slight pericardial effusion: grade 3 murmur Left apical
      & grade 2 Right sided systolic murmur, Enalapril Maleate 1.25 mg 1x
      day, Furosemide (Lasix) 6.25 mg 2x day, 1 aspirin 81 mg every three
      days administered via pilling.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, <heatherwallace506@a...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > First of all, I would like to wish sasquatch well.
      > Secondly, I have been noticing felix licking his paws and hindlegs
      more frequently, and wondering if it is a possible side effect of the
      medicine, i.e. itching.