Felix and Sasquatch

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      Well, I am glad Sasquatch is okay. Phew. I was reading that some
      medications may cause depression. It made me wonder what type(s) of
      behavior a cat would exhibit that was depressed??

      Hmmmm. As far as Felix licking himself, maybe you are paying closer
      attention to his behavior. I KNOW I am paying closer attention to
      Nigel's behavior. For example, now that he has HCM and already had
      asthma, I watch his breathing. Using a watch that keeps seconds, I
      time his breaths for 15 seconds (watch the up and down movement of
      his side) and multiply by 4 to get his breath per minute rate. The
      ER vet and cardiologist said to bring him in IMMEDIATELY if he is at
      or over 60 bpm.

      I don't know what a rash on a cat would look like from diltiazem. I
      spent some time researching the web and only found a rash as a side
      effect for humans taking diltiazem.

      SAB (Sarah)

      P.S. Nigel is taking diltiazem and it hasn't seemed to effect his
      appetite. He has lost water weight as he is on a diuretic.