Sasquatch -- again to worry ??? :(

  • fancidots
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      After I had just posted last night, regarding Sasquatch -- I shut
      down my computer for the night, prepared for bed, and gave him his
      nightly "dixie cup drink" -- and we went to bed.

      After only a short few minutes (not long enough for me to go to
      sleep) he went over to the edge of my bed, and threw up the water.
      He then went down to the foot of my bed, and laid down away from me.
      No amount of "coaxing" could get him back in his usual "sleeping"
      spot.

      This morning, I was getting ready for work, and he was laying VERY
      flat, still at the foot of the bed, and seemed to be laboring to
      breathe. I decided to stay home with him, and took a day of
      vacation to "watch" him.

      He just SEEMS sleepy, but his breathing looks slower and a little
      more labored than usual. Again and again, today, I've offered him
      drinks and food. He ate a few bites, and drank a little, and laid
      right back down. I haven't seen him go to the litterbox at all,
      today, and have called both the cardiac vet and his regular vet.
      The cardiac vet couldn't work him in... but my regular vet is going
      to see him at 5 pm today.

      Whenever I try to touch him, or comfort him, he verbally complains
      and shrinks from me. One of my other cats, who is his usual "nap"
      buddy, has approached him quietly a few times, and is acting
      concerned, as well. He also swats and complains no matter how
      cautiously Hatter approaches him.

      Does anyone have any idea what this behavior may be indicating? He
      isn't HIDING... but is being SO antisocial.. which is a HUGE change.
      It concerns me most that he doesn't want me or Hatter NEAR him.
      I'll post again, later today when I return from this vet trip.
      Please post me, if you have any ideas what might be making him act
      this way.

      Thanks!
      LaVon Fabian
      "fancidots"