Re: flea allergy and pook update

  • sydneyluv9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      It's been awhile since I last posted. I just wanted to thank everyone who
      responded to my questions about flea allergy cats. My Sydney just loses it when
      flea gets on him -- and he was in a heck of a bad state. What I ended up doing
      was combing him like crazy with a flea comb (like crazy of course to be
      understood as as much as I could without further worsening the situation through
      stress) and guess what: after doing it all over his body and finding nothing and
      feeling completely stymied about it, I combed his tail (Doh!) and got 5
      fleas....and that was it. He stopped scratching soon after that and now his scabs
      are almost 100% healed. So - thanks to all who wrote and all who read -- I got
      some great suggestions, and next time this happens, I'll have the info right
      on hand. A very heartfelt thank you from me to you...

      Also, thanks to everyone who told me about buying meds at regular pharmacies
      (e.g., walmart, target). It's a huge savings, my vet had no problem with it
      and it's so much closer than going all the way to his vet for his
      meds...thanks!!!!

      I heard the news about Pook -- that is so great...right on! :)

      Patricia in Long Beach