Ben's Dad

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2004
      I have always thought of Ben's dad as a harmless old eccentric- a brilliant and bright man of 70 with a lot of eccentricities- for many years he worked in Africa as an Engineer under the state of Idi Amin in Uganda.

      He rang us this morning to speak to Ben but we were still in bed and Ben asked me to get him to call back.
      He engaged me in conversation (he is often lonely I think - lives alone after a messy divorce) and I told him we had taken kittens to the Lake district yesterday...To my horror he then told me how he had drowned kittens while working in Africa.
      I hung up on him.
      I feel physically sick.]
      Ben and I had an almighty fight as I said his Dad was sadistic, evil and sick.
      He of course hated what his Dad had dome but defended his Father as a person because he loves him .
      I CAN'T bear to ever have him in our house again and certainly not anywhere near our cats.
      Okay it was 20 years ago and I should access Christian forgiveness but I know every time I see his hands now I will see blood
      I am so upset can any one tell me how to deal with this? I love Ben but I feel right now like banning his Dad forever from our lives
      Debbie