Re: [FH] Change in eating habits

  • Linda Fischbach
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hi Sandy and all,

      I own the Feline Assisted Feeding group (FAF).
      Many members have cats with feeding tubes, but others syringe feed as I do.
      This is an active supportive group.

      Please, do not let a cat go for longer than one day without food, or two
      days with very little food. Cats are not like people or dogs; they need
      food on a steady basis. A cat may get hepatic lipidosis after even 2 days
      of very little food; this is a life threatening condition that can only be
      reversed by lots of food (usually a feeding tube is needed).

      Linda