Change in eating habits

  • zanth_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hi all,

      I know it's been quite a while since I've been on the list. I have
      had insane amounts of computer problems over the last few
      months....too many to mention. But hopefully I'm back now.

      Last week Boo Kitty had to have a couple of teeth pulled, and the
      vet cleaned the rest while she was there. It was necessary, we had
      tried the antibiotic route, but didn't work. The fear in the pit of
      my stomach was amazing....I couldn't get on line to air it with all
      of you, but I knew that sedation and heart kitties is bad. The vet
      used gas, which he said is the most gentle form.

      Now I am having a bear of a time getting her to eat anything. At
      first I thought it was the antibiotics that she was on...I have
      found in the past that they seem to bother her tummy...or just make
      her less hungry...not sure which. She has been off of them for 3
      days now, and last night was the 1st time that she ate an entire can
      of food....at least it was Hills A/D (high cal). I am just going to
      continue to coax her with a little normal food and Hills A/D....I
      know that last night's meal did her good...she's much closer to
      herself today.

      Has anyone gone through having teeth pulled with your furbaby? Is
      this normal?

      Thanks for everything!

      Sandy and Boo Kitty