Re: Speechless....

  • zanth_99
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      Sarah,

      I know with all that I have gone through (like you) in the last 10
      mos that "regular" folks are amazed. I, like you, would have had
      higher expectations for a person "of the cloth". I too am
      speechless.

      Sandy

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@r...>
      wrote:
      > This is one of those "I just have to share this with people who
      > understand" posts:
      >
      > We attend church occasionally, and the minister often uses her
      > relationship with her cats to illustrate a point so I was under
      the
      > impression that she is a cat person. Anyway, we'd heard that
      > earlier this year she lost one of her cats to congestive heart
      > failure and today we had a conversation about it and I asked, "do
      > you know if it was hypertrophic cardiomyopathy or restrictive
      > cardiomyopathy", and she said, "oh, I didn't do any of the
      > diagnostic tests. I wasn't about to pay to have a CAT scan
      done."
      > I said, "you mean an ultrasound?", and she got a face like a wet
      > weekend and said, "yeah, I wasn't paying for that. I wasn't
      > spending money on that. He petered out over a year and then I put
      > him down".
      >
      > Well, I guess I got that "deer in the headlights" look, or I was,
      as
      > the British like to say, "gobsmacked" (I love that term). Really,
      > was stunned. Didn't know what to say - I wish I'd come back with
      > something really intelligent but I was speechless. Of course, it
      > also made me think, yikes, I better not have an in depth
      > conversation with her about all the money I've spent on medication
      > and X-rays over the past 10 months. She'd probably use me as an
      > example of how not to spend money wisely!
      >
      > Sarah.
    • Dana Rulf
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Yes, you'd think otherwise, wouldn't you?
        How about this one:
        A friend of mine with a sick kitty recently called a minister of her
        church for some prayerful help when she found out just how ill her cat
        was. He told her, although gently "You know Christians don't believe
        that animals have souls don't you?"
        HOLY COW!!!!
        She was floored. I looked at her and said "Depends on which
        Christians you're talking to." I consider myself a Christian. Good
        Lord, ANYone who has spent time with one of God's own creatures and
        actually allowed them into their lives KNOWS there is a soul/heavenly
        energy/whatever you want to call it in those little creatures!!!
        I feel sorry for that minister ...
        --Dana

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "zanth_99" <sandra_scanlon@h...>