Re: [FH] Digest Number 1575

  • reallyrosiebooks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Sarah
      Beginning of the diagnosis is the hardest time. You become obsessed with
      everything...how the breathing is..how is the appetite...how are they when we are
      not home and gosh forbit we have to go out of town. In time and with the
      help of this list you will gain knowledge which will help you manage the illness
      and eventually learn to just take in the moment and not worry about whats down
      the road. Cats tend to pick up on our feelings so I always tried (not always
      successfully) to keep those sad and anxious feelings away from the cat and
      just enjoy his prescence. Lean on this group as it does help. Keep a journal
      which I did and now love that I did. My Tyson lost his battle 4 weeks ago at the
      age of 18. He lasted years longer than the vet every thought he would. In
      many cases the meds will help. As for the costs...that tends to go down in
      time as well. The initial diagnosis and treatments were killer. In the
      beginning I had to get Tyson tapped of fluid almost weekly and had x-rays all the
      time. Than eventually we would get by without going to the vet for 3-4 months at
      a time. In the end over a two year period of time I spent probably about
      6-7k on him but it was so worth it. It sounds like your like the rest of us
      willing do do anything for your furry loved one. Because of this your cat is very
      very lucky. Good luck. I don't follow emails closely since Tyson's passed so
      if you ever want to email me privately I will be happy to be there for you to
      lean on. Kisses to your furry guy.

      Heather "Rose"