Connor's Cardiologist Visit

  • mainecoonsusa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30 4:05 PM
      Hi there,

      I took Connor in today for his follow-up visit with the cardiologist. I had
      high hopes that I would hear that he had improved since the last visit.
      Unfortunately, that was not the case.

      Dr. Saunders listened to his heart with the stethoscope and said it sounded
      the same as before... a soft murmur. He did the echocardiogram and it showed a
      mild increase in left atrial size. Dr. Saunders also did an xray which
      indicated mild left sided congestive heart failure.

      So, I guess the results could have been worse. But I have to admit I was
      quite dismayed to hear of the diagnosis of chf. :-(

      Dr. Saunders gave Connor an injection of lasix. He wants me to increase his
      lasix from 2.5 mg once a day to 2.5 mg twice a day.

      I'm to continue with the Flovent Inhaler at 1 puff 2 times a day.

      Also, when I return from a trip this weekend, I'm to increase the enalapril
      from 1/2 of 2.5 mg tab once a day to 1/2 of 2.5 mg tab twice a day.

      Connor then has to go to my regular vet for a chem profile 5-7 days after
      increasing the enalapril. If all the results are good, then I have to start him
      on 1/4 of .125 mg tab of lanoxin for 2 weeks, increasing to 1/4 tab every day.
      If he has no side effects then I'm to take him back to my vet in 3-4 months
      for a repeat chem profile and serum digoxin. He's to go back for another echo
      in 4-5 months.

      The bill today was $415. :::sigh:::

      JoAnn

      JoAnn & Connor

      1/2 30 mg Diltiazem 2x a day
      1/2 of 2.5 mg Enalalpril daily
      12.5 mg Lasix 2x a day
      low dose enteric coated Aspirin 2x a week for HCM

      1 puff AM, 1 puff PM 110 Flovent for Asthma