Morse

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004
      Dear Everyone
      Thank you for your prayers- I could feel them tangibly around us.
      Morse is home tonight - he has a very sore paw from the catheter and some shaved patches but the good news is , it's NOT cancer - as far as they can be sure at this stage.

      It looks likely he is going to have an inflamed stomach lining for some reason, so he is now on Zantac (whatever that is) and I must monitor his food and see if anything makes him flare up.
      The lab will be testing the stomach tissue next week and more tests on the blood they extracted.
      His temp is now normal and he just cried and cried when he saw us- particularly Ben, with whom his bond is very strong. Ben stayed up all night with him when he was vomiting and cleaned and held him- anyone who says because we have no kids, my husband has missed being a Dad, should see this and be silent.
      Sweetcorn could not BELIEVE brother was back and presented her butt for washing (she never does it herself!)
      Twiglet cuddled up to him and they slept happily - Kippurr - well, she is Kippurr so no special welcome from HER I am afraid.
      As you know, it is only two weeks from a whole year ago that we lost Treacle. This was unnerving me and I was sure I was going to lose another cat.
      God has been kind to us and I am so grateful and will redouble my prayers for those of us who are still facing testing times and heartache.
      Many, many thanks to you all-
      Debbiexxxx