Morse

  • Debbie Raikes-May
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2004
      The vet rang a few minutes ago - they can't find the source of the bleeding in Morse so they have kept him sedated and hooked up to a drip - he will have nothing to eat or drink today or tomorrow. They will then take another look tomorrow. So far they found no foreign object or reason for the bleed nor indeed the mass they thought they were going to find.
      So I don't know if it's good or bad.
      We should know more tomorrow evening after his stomach has been completely emptied.
      House empty without him and Sweetcorn and Twiglet like lost souls. Me too.
      Fingers crossed
      Love
      Deb

    • Debbie Raikes-May
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2004
        Dear Everyone
        Thank you for your prayers- I could feel them tangibly around us.
        Morse is home tonight - he has a very sore paw from the catheter and some shaved patches but the good news is , it's NOT cancer - as far as they can be sure at this stage.

        It looks likely he is going to have an inflamed stomach lining for some reason, so he is now on Zantac (whatever that is) and I must monitor his food and see if anything makes him flare up.
        The lab will be testing the stomach tissue next week and more tests on the blood they extracted.
        His temp is now normal and he just cried and cried when he saw us- particularly Ben, with whom his bond is very strong. Ben stayed up all night with him when he was vomiting and cleaned and held him- anyone who says because we have no kids, my husband has missed being a Dad, should see this and be silent.
        Sweetcorn could not BELIEVE brother was back and presented her butt for washing (she never does it herself!)
        Twiglet cuddled up to him and they slept happily - Kippurr - well, she is Kippurr so no special welcome from HER I am afraid.
        As you know, it is only two weeks from a whole year ago that we lost Treacle. This was unnerving me and I was sure I was going to lose another cat.
        God has been kind to us and I am so grateful and will redouble my prayers for those of us who are still facing testing times and heartache.
        Many, many thanks to you all-
        Debbiexxxx