Tumil K

  • lkscopes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2004
      It says to use with caution in the presence of cardiac disease.
      Is any abnormality of the heart considered disease, for instance
      murmur or gallop rhythm?
      Lynda
    • lkscopes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2004
        Doesn't anyone know the answer to this question I asked??
        Lynda

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "lkscopes" <leslks@a...> wrote:
        > It says to use with caution in the presence of cardiac disease.
        > Is any abnormality of the heart considered disease, for instance
        > murmur or gallop rhythm?
        > Lynda
      • brinkett
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004
          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "lkscopes" <leslks@a...> wrote:
          > Doesn't anyone know the answer to this question I asked??
          > Lynda
          >
          > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "lkscopes" <leslks@a...>
          wrote:
          > > It says to use with caution in the presence of cardiac disease.
          > > Is any abnormality of the heart considered disease, for instance
          > > murmur or gallop rhythm?
          > > Lynda

          No. A heart murmur can be innocent (no disease). A gallop rhythm
          generally indicates underlying disease. So if a cat has a heart
          murmur, they don't necessarily have cardiac disease. If they have a
          gallop rhythm, they probably do. The answer, of course, is that an
          ultrasound needs to be done to answer the question for a particular
          cat.

          Sarah.