RE: [FH] Moomoo

  • amy brightfield
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      --- Shane Fox Luper <sfoxluper@...> wrote:
      > Oh Amy, I am heartbroken for you. I am so sorry for
      > your loss of Moomoo. We
      > call our cat Maggie "Moomoo" too. :-( I am sure you
      > will find some help in
      > this group. Many knowledgeable people, including a
      > vet are here. I can't say
      > that I have a lot of knowledge with what you and
      > Moomoo experienced.
      >
      > Can you tell us who the first vet/cardiologist is?
      >

      > Take good care. You and Moomoo are in my thoughts.
      >
      > Shane
      >

      > _____
      Thank you all for your wonderful e-mails. It makes me
      feel better to read them. I'm still trying to
      understand fully what happened to Moo -- the more I
      know, the better I feel about it. My frame of
      reference -- as is all of ours -- is people -- and
      obviously heart disease in cats seems very different
      than in humans. I understand that it's harder to
      diagnose and the same screening tests aren't done as
      often.

      The first vet who was the one on call the Monday night
      we took Moo in with her first episode was a Dr.
      Barshovsky (in NYC). She didn't communicate very well
      with me and I often felt like she was simply annoyed
      by all of my questions. I'm sure she did the best she
      could for Moo --- after all, Moo did live through
      Monday night, and in retrospect, that seems lucky. The
      first cardiologist was a Dr. Kramer --- I never got
      the chance to speak to him myself and ask questions --
      this might have been part of why I wasn't clear on
      what was actually going on. The vet relayed the
      treatment to me, but gave me a copy of the first echo
      report which actually said to give the medication on a
      "trial basis" --- so perhaps this indicated doubt on
      his part as well regarding Moo's prognosis.
      The second cardiologist who I used was at the Animal
      Medical Center -- an absolutely fabulous place. Her
      name was Dr. Bond. I loved her. She was honest with
      me, but in a kind way. She explained everything very
      thoroughly which made me trust that she was doing
      everything possible for Moo. I asked her why her
      diagnosis/prognosis seemed so different from the first
      one, and she said that they weren't so different: the
      echo reports were the same, the first cardiologist
      just chose a different type of medicine and did not
      relay the high possibility of Moomoo dying so soon.
      Certainly the first vet did not say that she was at
      such high risk for these episodes happening at any
      time. But perhaps she couldn't bring herself to say
      that? I just think she was a bad communicator.

      === message truncated ===

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/