Re: Latest on Tabby Jean

  • brinkett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
      > I had an odd theory that I want to throw to the group: what if
      the entire problem is the
      > result of a bacterial infection in the heart and the different
      kinds of heart tissue respond
      > differently?

      Actually, this isn't an odd or new theory. Endomyocarditis is on
      the list of possibilities of what might be the trigger/cause of RCM.

      Sarah.
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2004
        --- sandworm90292 <erosla77@...> wrote:

        > I had an odd theory that I want to throw to the
        > group: what if the entire problem is the
        > result of a bacterial infection in the heart and the
        > different kinds of heart tissue respond
        > differently? The valves thicken, but other parts of
        > the heart get inflammed in response and
        > that inflammation LOOKS like "growth". As a result
        > of the inflammation, the heart has to
        > work harder and THIS causes the arrhythmia.

        That does happen but usually to individuals who have
        something abnormal in the heart for bacteria to grow
        on and then have bacteria introduced to the blood
        stream when there is a dental procedure. For instance
        my mother had scarlet fever as a child and developed a
        murmur. She also has mitral valve prolapse. She takes
        antibiotics before going to the dentist as a
        prophalaxis. She takes Coumadin for the MVP.

        A few years ago the Cincinnati Zoo lost a gorilla
        after a dental procedure.

        Susan

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/