Tasselhoff update

  • Beverly Parsons
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      Thought I'd share Tasselhoff's continuing cancer saga. I just got
      the results from his cat scan – which he finally had yesterday after
      days of equipment failure - and the results are great.

      The mass the surgeon saw in his lungs in his lungs is a cyst, not a
      metastasis - nothing to worry about. The tumor on his leg, while
      malignant, originated in his muscle, not his synovial cells, as the
      surgeon originally thought. The oncologist says that this means that
      with amputation he has a 90% chance of full recovery with no
      recurrence.

      Dr. Schrope, his cardiologist, has given the OK for an amputation -
      says he should do fine, and that his heart is doing very well and
      shold not cause problems for the forseeable future.

      So – looks like we will have a three-legged cat after all - but
      hopefully a three-legged cat for ten more years, not ten more months.

      Thanks to all for your continued support.

      Beverly & Tasselhoff
    • Jonathan Rosenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2004
        In an earlier message, Beverly Parsons [mailto:baparsons@...] wrote ...

        > Thought I'd share Tasselhoff's continuing cancer saga. I just got
        > the results from his cat scan - which he finally had yesterday after
        > days of equipment failure - and the results are great.

        > The mass the surgeon saw in his lungs in his lungs is a cyst, not a
        > metastasis - nothing to worry about. The tumor on his leg, while
        > malignant, originated in his muscle, not his synovial cells, as the
        > surgeon originally thought. The oncologist says that this means that
        > with amputation he has a 90% chance of full recovery with no
        > recurrence.

        This is such wonderful news.

        > Dr. Schrope, his cardiologist, has given the OK for an amputation -
        > says he should do fine, and that his heart is doing very well and
        > shold not cause problems for the forseeable future.

        As per my earlier email, I think Dr. Schrope is a wonderful cardiologist. I would trust his judgment.

        > So - looks like we will have a three-legged cat after all - but
        > hopefully a three-legged cat for ten more years, not ten more months.

        Please let us know when his surgery is scheduled.

        --
        Jonathan Rosenberg
        President & Founder, Tabby's Place