Purcy

  • Heather Grace
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
      I talked with Purcy's vet last night and he thinks that the upper
      respiratory infection and the high fever caused him to lose weight.
      I brought Purcy in to have a tech check his temp and it was normal.
      He still isn't eating much and has been lethargic, but his vet thinks
      that he should get better soon.

      Is it possible that the Clavamox that he's been on may have caused
      him to not want to eat anything? I am trying so hard to get him to
      eat and all he will do is eat a bite or two. Please help!!!

      Thanks,

      Heather & Purcy in Mass.

      =====
      Purcy: Male Himalayan, diagnosed 07-2003 at 6 years of age with HCM
      with severe mitral valve regurgitation and mild left atrial
      enlargement, slight pericardial effusion: grade 3 murmur Left apical
      & grade 2 Right sided systolic murmur, Enalapril Maleate 1.25 mg 1x
      day, Furosemide (Lasix) 6.25 mg 2x day, 1 aspirin 81 mg every three
      days administered via pilling.
    • brinkett
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
        > Is it possible that the Clavamox that he's been on may have caused
        > him to not want to eat anything? I am trying so hard to get him
        > eat and all he will do is eat a bite or two. Please help!!!

        One of my cats was classified as sensitive to Clavamox. The first
        time she was put on Clavamox (for a UTI), she completely stopped
        eating and became very lethargic. When it became clear that she
        wasn't going to snap out of it, I took her back to the vet and he
        switched her to baytril. The change in her was astounding,
        and "clavamox-sensitive" was put into her file and she was never
        given Clavamox again. My vet said that some cats just don't
        tolerate Clavamox well.

        You might want to talk to your vet about changing the antibiotic.

        Sarah.