[FH] Re: My Mystic

  • diane
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 11:31 PM +0000 6/1/04, Cath wrote:
      >Thank you Diane
      >
      >Unfortunately, this was an ER vet - not one I have ever seen before
      >at that particular clinic, in the times I have had to use their
      >services. Being early on a sunday morning, it's the "take what you
      >can get" thing :( \

      I agree! I once opted for surgery on my first cat and it didn't go
      well. It was at a different vet, although it was recommended by our
      vet. I had never gone through this before, I didn't feel the vet had
      good people skills although he seemed fine with Tiger, and I made
      assumptions based on what I was familiar with. Needless to say, I had
      visted Tiger to bring her home on Saturday morning, it didn't go well
      so I left her there (again), and had no idea that they performed such
      surgeries with no 24 hour care. I got a call at 11am Sunday to say
      she hadn't made the night and was furious that no one checked in for
      such a long period of time. Lesson learned. :(

      You remind me that I really need to place phone numbers & directions
      to both emergency vets by the phones. We do have a vet close by that
      I tried to go to when a neighborhood cat was hit by a car, but they
      closed at 6 and I couldn't get a cell signal in their parking lot.

      It's so hard when you're in panic mode to figure out the right thing to do!

      >I miss the sweet Mystic more than I can say.

      No doubt! I'm sure we can all relate to that. :(

      >The kittens are doing
      >ok, and I am supplementing them with KMR, as they have been eating
      >solid food for almost 2 weeks now. But, it's the comfort nursing and
      >the tender care of their mom that they miss most. One of my young
      >males has proven to be an excellent "uncle", and since Sunday, has
      >kept them clean and provided them with cuddles - he is even allowing
      >them to suckle, of course, once they figure out the spigot is dry,
      >they stop LOL. It's good for them, and good for him. I believe Kain
      >will be a tremendous asset in the raising of these kits.

      Hats off to Kain! Sounds like you have an angel herd, as well as yourself. ;)

      Diane
    • Linda Fischbach
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
        That may have been Catherine (in Australia) who has a Mom and 4 (?) kittens
        with heart problems. She posted here a little while ago.

        Linda

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
          See? I was going to say Cathy but it was just too weird for both to
          have the same name. :)

          Diane