[FH] Re: My Mystic

  • Cath
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
      Thank you Diane

      Unfortunately, this was an ER vet - not one I have ever seen before
      at that particular clinic, in the times I have had to use their
      services. Being early on a sunday morning, it's the "take what you
      can get" thing :(

      I miss the sweet Mystic more than I can say. The kittens are doing
      ok, and I am supplementing them with KMR, as they have been eating
      solid food for almost 2 weeks now. But, it's the comfort nursing and
      the tender care of their mom that they miss most. One of my young
      males has proven to be an excellent "uncle", and since Sunday, has
      kept them clean and provided them with cuddles - he is even allowing
      them to suckle, of course, once they figure out the spigot is dry,
      they stop LOL. It's good for them, and good for him. I believe Kain
      will be a tremendous asset in the raising of these kits.

      Cathy and the ever growing herd in FL

      > I agree. Kearra had a very faint murmur that actually went away
      over
      > time, and was gone for at least 2-3 years before her death. If the
      > vet had never caught the murmur early, we would have never treated
      > her and keep up with the ultrasounds. It's really the only way to
      > tell.
      >
      > You may want to look into other vets as well. :-/
      >
      > I'm very sorry about Mystic, you are an angel for taking in her and
      > her kittens.
      >

      > Diane
    • diane
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
        I don't know if she's still here, but there was someone who faced a
        similar situation with littermates, and had them all tested. I belive
        she managed to get a good deal from a vet to do them all. I also
        believe she was from down under.

        Anyone remember more?

        Diane
      • diane
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
          At 11:31 PM +0000 6/1/04, Cath wrote:
          >Thank you Diane
          >
          >Unfortunately, this was an ER vet - not one I have ever seen before
          >at that particular clinic, in the times I have had to use their
          >services. Being early on a sunday morning, it's the "take what you
          >can get" thing :( \

          I agree! I once opted for surgery on my first cat and it didn't go
          well. It was at a different vet, although it was recommended by our
          vet. I had never gone through this before, I didn't feel the vet had
          good people skills although he seemed fine with Tiger, and I made
          assumptions based on what I was familiar with. Needless to say, I had
          visted Tiger to bring her home on Saturday morning, it didn't go well
          so I left her there (again), and had no idea that they performed such
          surgeries with no 24 hour care. I got a call at 11am Sunday to say
          she hadn't made the night and was furious that no one checked in for
          such a long period of time. Lesson learned. :(

          You remind me that I really need to place phone numbers & directions
          to both emergency vets by the phones. We do have a vet close by that
          I tried to go to when a neighborhood cat was hit by a car, but they
          closed at 6 and I couldn't get a cell signal in their parking lot.

          It's so hard when you're in panic mode to figure out the right thing to do!

          >I miss the sweet Mystic more than I can say.

          No doubt! I'm sure we can all relate to that. :(

          >The kittens are doing
          >ok, and I am supplementing them with KMR, as they have been eating
          >solid food for almost 2 weeks now. But, it's the comfort nursing and
          >the tender care of their mom that they miss most. One of my young
          >males has proven to be an excellent "uncle", and since Sunday, has
          >kept them clean and provided them with cuddles - he is even allowing
          >them to suckle, of course, once they figure out the spigot is dry,
          >they stop LOL. It's good for them, and good for him. I believe Kain
          >will be a tremendous asset in the raising of these kits.

          Hats off to Kain! Sounds like you have an angel herd, as well as yourself. ;)

          Diane
        • Linda Fischbach
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
            That may have been Catherine (in Australia) who has a Mom and 4 (?) kittens
            with heart problems. She posted here a little while ago.

            Linda

            feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • diane
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
              See? I was going to say Cathy but it was just too weird for both to
              have the same name. :)

              Diane