Re: [FH] Purcy's bloodwork/losing weight

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2004
      Heather,

      Cachexia is more common in dogs with cardiomyopathy
      but can also happen in cats. It is due to a faster
      metabolism seen in CHF or other serious diseases like
      cancer which can result in loss of weight. You may
      want to ask your cardiologist about critical care
      nutrition as there are prescription foods available.

      Here is a link to an informative article:

      Nutritional Therapy of Heart Disease
      Lisa M. Freeman, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVN
      Tufts University
      http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WALTHAMOSU2002&PID=2987

      This is the shorter version of an article that used to
      be on the WalthamUSA Learning Center site.

      Susan

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/Zh0wlB/TM

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/