Tasselhoff

  • Beverly Parsons
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 8:17 AM
      Hi everyone,

      I wanted to update evryone on Tasselhoff. If you
      remember I wrote a few weeks ago about a lump on his
      wrist and whether or not we should do surgery. His
      cardiologist strongly encouraged surgery and so it was
      scheduled for yesterday.

      However, the pre-surgery x-rays showed the mass has
      completely taken over his joint and is not removable.
      Even worse, the chest x-rays show a mass in his lungs
      that is most likely a metastisis. Needless to say -
      we are devastated. He was doing so well on his heart
      meds - I just cannot believe this has happened. I
      feel like I've been punched in the stomach.

      His surgeon thinks it is synovial cell sarcoma - very
      rare in dogs and even rarer in cats. We're going to
      consult with an oncologist - but I just cannot put him
      through painfil chemo and radiation to only extend his
      life a small bit.

      We did not do any surgery yesterday - brought him home
      to regroup. He, of course, is the picture of health.
      Oblivious to it all and just wanting to eat. Ah,
      ignorance is bliss!

      So, this morning I join the feline cancer list and ask
      for help. If anyone has a cancer kitty on this list
      any advice would be appreciated.

      Thanks for all your support and help.

      Beverly Parsons & Tasselhoff

      http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/