Re: [FH] Just joining group - re young cat with HCM

  • Iben
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2004
      Welcome.

      I'm sorry to hear about the diagnoze, but glad you found this site.

      I'm not active on the list, but lurking and posting now and then and also I'm on Mousey Tongue & Friends list.

      My Nadia was diagnozed mild case HCM after some scaring syncopes ( black out ) while throwing up after eating grass. She is asymptomatic.

      My vet doesn't want to put her on medication and I know not all on this list agree, but I give her omega 3+6+9 fish oil ( It's important it also cintains 6 and not only 3), taurine pills and crategus homeopathic drops. The last two are said to be for dilated and not hypotrophic hearts, BUT it seems to be that her episodes gets smaller and she just threw up without getting cramps. I hope this continues.

      Iben & Nadia